- 40 minute games (10 minute Quarters)
- FIBA Rules with modifications (see below)
- Stop time in the last 2 minutes of the 4th Quarter (If point differential is within 10 points at any point inside the 2 minute mark)
- 3 timeouts in per game (Max 2 per Quarter) – Within final 2 minutes of regulation, All timeouts will result in ball advancing to half.
- Overtime (if necessary) is 3 minutes, stop time 2 minutes if point differential is within 10 points.
- Each player is allowed a maximum of 5 fouls
- Technical Fouls will be awarded 1 shot FT plus possession for the opposing team
- 2 Technical Fouls in the same will result in the disqualification of the offending player (Player may be asked to leave the facility at the discretion of league officials)
- Bonus is on the 5th foul of each quarter (Resulting in 2 Free Throws)
SHOT CLOCK RULES
- Shot Clock is set at 24 seconds.
- Shot Clock is reset to 14 seconds if a foul is committed when there is under 14 seconds left in the shot clock
- If a foul is committed when there is more than 14 seconds left on the shot clock, there will be no reset and the shot clock will remain at the time the foul was committed.
- As per FIBA Rules, if at ANY TIME the ball hits the rim and the offensive team retains possession, the shot clock will only reset to 14 seconds.
- Shot Clock will reset/start at 24 seconds when there is a change of possession.
FORFEITS: (Will be strictly enforced)
- Must have 4 players by the start of game time to start the game
- Failure to have 4 players = Automatic loss (20-0 for Winning team)
- A team can start with 4 players but will be awarded 1 technical foul and 1 free throw and possession to start the game.
- Team with 4 players have until half-time to get a 5th player
- By halftime, If a 5th player has not shown up = Automatic Loss (20-0 for Winning team)
All uniforms must be obtained through Infinity Basketball Canada unless otherwise approved. Any Infinity players who fail to wear their team uniform can still play in the game, but their team will be subject to a technical foul, which results in a technical foul (1FT). Players without their team uniform must wear the same colour as their teammates. There will be a grace period of the first 3 games of the season. On Week 4 this rule is in full effect.
- Teams have until before their Week 6 game to add a player to their roster. After that, no more additions and rosters are FINAL. You can only have a maximum of 15 players on your roster.
- To be eligible for playoffs, you must have played at least THREE regular season games.
- Standings Will be determined in the following order
- Win-Loss Record
- Number of Defaults
- Head to Head
- Point Differential
- Points Against
- Players must have played in a minimum of 3 regular season games to be eligible for playoffs
- A default win will result in a game played for players on the winning team (Players on the losing end of a defaulted game must have showed up to gain a game played)
- Quarterfinals and Semi-Finals are do or die single elimination games
- Finals will be played in a best of 3 series
All participants, coaches and spectators shall refrain from using profanity or verbal and/or physical abuse towards other players, coaches, spectators, referees, staff and volunteers. Infinity Basketball Canada reserves the right to suspend players and each incident will be assessed on an individual basis. Players suspended from the league will not be entitled to a refund.
Referees have the authority to issue technical fouls and can eject players from the game and the facility.
This is a Drug and Alcohol Free Event. No alcoholic beverages or drugs are allowed on the premises. Any coach, player, or spectator engaged in the use of alcohol or drugs will be disqualified from further participation in any of our events.
LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS:
Infinity Basketball Canada and its volunteers are not responsible for any personal items that are left behind, lost or stolen.